Saturday 1 September 2012

TERRONI ON ADELAIDE  4 out of 5

Whenever we go to Terroni on Adelaide we know we are going to eat well and enjoy the food and the wine here.  We have come a number of times in the last couple of years and find no matter which wine or pasta we choose we will be satisfied.  This time I came on my birthday with my son and started with calamari fritti (Frittura di Calamari as they name it).  I did notice a portion change from my last visits, it was smaller, but delicious as always.  As a main my son had the sliced tenderloin in sauce with rapini and roast potatoes, while I had Spaghetti al Limone with spinach, capers, shaved parmigiano reggiano, lemon, and extra virgin olive oil.  The tenderloin was tender and the sauce was delicious.  The spaghetti was absolutely divine.  

The wine was wonderful (a sommelier chooses their wines).  He is always available to talk wines here. Just ask for him.  We have had some of the best wines we have ever tasted, in this restaurant. People have complained about their attitude (the maitre d girls at the door usually have an attitude) but I find their hipster waiters and waitresses are friendly, efficient, and know their products.  Definitely worth a visit.

sliced tenderloin with rapini and roast potatoes


spaghetti limone


Terroni on Adelaide


calamari fritti

Food for Pleasure Toronto restaurants

Terroni - Adelaide on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment