Tuesday 25 December 2012

BANGKOK SPOON DELUXE 

57 King Street, Dundas On., L9H 1T7 (905) 628-8808 Breakfast Mon-Fri, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night 7 days a week

Went for lunch to Bangkok Spoon Deluxe in downtown Dundas Christmas eve.  It was quiet here, everyone was in malls shopping.  

It is a clean and smartly designed interior.  The front floor to ceiling windows open to the street in the summer.  It has become a popular restaurant in Dundas.  
The lunch menu is very reasonably priced and my son and I decided to try a couple of items from it.

I had the deep-fried basa fish with Thai mango sauce.  The fish melted in my mouth and the spring roll was delicious with the dipping sauce (I have come here before just for their spring rolls).  The jasmine rice was a nice neutralizer for  all the flavours.  I did not like the dressing on the salad that came with the lunch (fishy clear sauce).  I would order the salad with another sauce or without the sauce.  The vegetables in the salad were crisp and tasty.


My son selected bok choy with garlic and mushrooms jasmine rice and spring roll.  He really liked the meal.  It was a filling and very reasonably priced lunch.
I have had their pad thai with chicken and a number of rice dishes and find them very filling and good.
There is a lovely patio at the back of the restaurant and a Starbucks directly across the street.  The restaurant also has a busy take out business.

Bangkok Spoon Deluxe on Urbanspoon


No comments:

Post a Comment